This is a must do activity when visiting Adelaide! See the iconic Ships Graveyard, the unique Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary, the wonderful International Bird Sanctuary and so much more.
A Guided Tour
Your Skipper on the day will also be your cruise guide. Sit back, relax and enjoy the views as your guide talks you through the local history, famous ships and iconic locations you are cruising through
A Rich Maritime History
The Port Adelaide River is steeped in a rich maritime history that you will discover as you cruise along its length, seeing famous ships and locations. Your cruise guide will point out interesting landmarks and vessels, and we provide a PowerPoint display with additional information for the duration of the cruise.
The Ships Graveyard
Don’t miss out! For the first time you are able to enter Port Adelaide’s completely unique Ships Graveyard on a guided cruise. Be amazed as you cruise past giant wrecks, half-submerged in the hidden backwaters of the Port River and learn their history.
Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary
Enjoy cruising through the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary searching for local dolphins, one of the only wild dolphin populations living within a city. Keep an eye out for some of the famous local residents and, during the warmer months, newborn calves! Please note - we do not guarantee a dolphin sighting as these are wild animals and come and go as they please
International Bird Sanctuary
Travel towards the bird sanctuary where there's an opportunity to see migratory shorebirds, including threatened species such as Curlew sandpiper as well as well-known Aussie favourites like the Australian Pelican and Pied Cormorant.
- Infant rates apply to children 2 years and under.
- Child rates apply for children aged 3-12 years.
- All children from the age of 12-17 are to be charges at student prices.
- Adult rates apply for anyone over the age of 13 years.
- Seniors, Concessions and Students must provide ID proof before boarding vessel.
- We cannot guarantee you will see dolphins while within the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary. These are wild animals and are not always present.
- There is a toilet located onboard
- If you have mobility issues please contact Port River Cruises on 0473 806 045. We are able to provide a ramp and different boarding location to make boarding the vessel easier.
- Food is not permitted to be eaten onboard the vessel unless given prior approval.