‘A Day in The Gums’ – An Event in the Nature Festival’ – Saturday 8 October 2022 – 1000-1500
We would like to extend an invitation to you to attend the upcoming ‘A Day in The Gums’ – An Event in the 2022 Nature Festival’, being held in The Gums Reserve and Brookside Cellars Hall, Moore Street, Tranmere on Saturday 8 October 2022 from 1000-1500.
It would be our pleasure if you could attend during the day and catch up with some of the Campbelltown Landcare & Environment Action Network (CLEAN) members, other associated groups and members of the general public.
10.00 - Welcome to Kaurna Country by Uncle Mickey Kumatpi O’Brien and invited VIPs, including James Stevens MP and Vincent Tarzia MP.
11.00 – Mayor Jill Whittaker, Campbelltown City Council, will introduce the Talks program.
During the day there will be guest speakers, workshops and walks in The Gums with:
• Kaurna activities with Uncle Mickey 'Kumatpi' O’Brien (1015-1045) (inside);
• ‘Bird Identification’, Kate Buckley (Birds SA) 1100-1130 (inside);
• ‘Fungi in The Gums’, Ron Sinclair OAM (The Gums Landcare Group) 1230-1300 (inside); and
• ‘Attracting Butterflies to Your Garden’, Gerry Butler (Butterfly Conservation SA) 1330-1400 (inside).
• The Gums Landcare Group 'Native Bee Walk' to a Bee Hotel and make a take home Bee Hotel bundle with Ian Johnson (TGLG) (outside then inside); 1130-1230 and 1300-1400
• Campbelltown ArtHouse scrapbooking workshop (1100 and 1200 – 30 minute workshop inside); and
• Good Natured Connections hands on nature play activities for families (1100-1400 outside).
• The Gums Landcare Group display (inside);
• Campbelltown Landcare Group display (inside);
• Friends of Black Hill Morialta display (outside);
• LOVE Campbelltown display and Community Landcare Nursery plant sale (inside or outside);
• East Waste (inside);
• Campbelltown City Council display (inside); and
• Stuart Crafted Timbers - recycling timber products into gifts.
• All day catering by Athelstone Kiwanis (including vegetarian and halal options) and soft drinks (outside);
• ‘Nature’s Basket’ Yassmin Abdo’s cakes and sweet things (inside) and
• ‘No Clink, No Drink’ Coffee van (inside)
This is a Family-friendly event supported by Campbelltown City Council, through a ‘Small Grant’ and the Nature Conservation Society of SA.
Register on Eventbrite:Ticketed guests receive complimentary lunch and a discount on coffee/tea.
Families are invited to attend, children are free, but will need to be accompanied by a paying adult.