There are a selection of walks for you to choose from to learn more about the wonderful Wadmore Park/Pulyonna Wirra. Nestled at the base of Black Hill National Park in Athelstone, Wadmore Park is home to an abundance of native flora and fauna including native grasses and remnant vegetation. Come and learn about some of these aspects of the park or join one of the two sessions to understand the park from a kaurna perspective .
ALL WALKS TO DEPART FROM MARYVALE ROAD CARPARK - LOCATED IN THE CENTRE OF WADMORE PARK/PULYONNA WIRRA.
Walk series program - please check and make sure you book the right time slot!
Wednesday 29th Sept - evening session
- Discovering the animal species of Wadmore Park: 4pm - 5pm
- A Kaurna Perspective with local Kaurna/Peramangk Elder : 5pm-6pm
Saturday 2nd October - morning session
- Birds of Wadmore Park/Pulyonna Wirra: 9am-10am
- A Kaurna Perspective with local Kaurna/Peramangk Elder : 10am-11am
- Understanding Native Grasses - identification and benefits: 11am-12pm
There will be information and other displays on offer for participants either before or after their walk. Bring comfortable shoes, water and a hat if required. Appropriate covid requirements will be adhered to based on current guidelines at the time of the event.
For more information, please contact or phone 8366 9208.