Walk and talk in Nixon Skinner Conservation Park with ecologists from Landscapes Hills and Fleurieu, Fleurieu Environment Centre Staff, members of the Friends of Nixon Skinner Conservation Park and rangers from National Parks and Wildlife Service SA.
Learn about the southern brown bandicoot, where they live and how you can support bandicoot conservation, including managing bandicoot habitat on your property.
Topics will include:
- Identifying bandicoots
- What you can do to support bandicoots on your property
- How to use wildlife cameras to find bandicoots and other critters
- Bandicoot friendly pest animal control
- Managing weeds in bandicoot country
- Parking is limited so please car-pool to the site where possible.
- Bring a water bottle and wear suitable footwear.
- There will be no bathrooms at the site. The nearest public bathroom is a 5-minute drive away in Myponga (off Hansen Street).
For more information about bandicoots visit: https://www.landscape.sa.gov.au/hf/bandicootsuperhighway