With Claire from Nature Street Creative.
- Understand why connecting with nature is so important.
- Learn tips and tricks to fit small doses of nature into our busy lives, and
- Discover local places to explore, play and connect.
Following the hour workshop, attendees are invited for an informal stroll along North Haven’s beach - an opportunity to discover one of the guide’s featured sites, learn about local plants and wildlife, and connect with others.
Attendees will receive a copy of the new ‘Coastal Places’ guide featuring cultural and environmental walks, wildlife sanctuaries, and places to visit at the river, coast, beach, coastal woodlands and reserves.
Attendees will also take home a free native plant; helping you to take a little bit of nature home with you.
This event is aimed at adults, but children are welcome to attend. They will need to be accompanied by a guardian and appropriately supervised at all times.
Coastal Places is a free guide developed by the Port Environment Centre and the City of Port Adelaide, with collaboration with local community, National Parks and Wildlife SA, Green Adelaide, Nature Street Creative and Minka Creative Studio. The guide is funded through the City of Port Adelaide’s Covid Recovery Program.
Please note that due to COVID restrictions the following will apply:
- numbers are limited and everyone MUST book to attend
- please let us know if you have booked and then are unable to attend
- participants are required to maintain social distancing of 1.5m
- masks are required for the duration of the event (we will provide an update if this changes)
- everyone must check in on arrival (via QR code or manual sign in sheet)
- please stay away if you are unwell
- there will be no shared food or drink - please BYO drink bottle and supplies
The Port Environment Centre is seeded by Green Adelaide.
Please note that attendee information may be used for follow up evaluation, in order to assess the longer term impacts of our events. Follow up contact may be made (in the form of a survey) but participation in any evaluation is optional.