The Family Tour is 90 minutes of fun exploring the Dolphin Sanctuary one of Adelaide's "secret spots". Located just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD, it is an area of surpassing beauty. The sheltered mangrove-lined creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds, and the Port River Dolphins.
It's an amazing adventure for all ages, and kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with dolphins. The tour is very easy-paced with plenty of time for photos, storytelling by your guide, and searches for the Port River Dolphins. When the Port River Dolphins come to play it is a memory you will treasure forever!
This tour is aimed at families with younger children aged 8 years+ and/or senior citizens. If you have never kayaked before this is the best way to give it a try...you will want to come back for more!
What is included
- The Family Tour is 90 minutes of fun with a qualified kayaking guide who will lead you on an unforgettable adventure.
- Tours are conducted in stable, very comfortable 2 or 3-person kayaks which are suitable for all levels of fitness and experience.
- The tour includes basic tuition in safe kayaking.
- We launch from a boat ramp covered in non-slip matting. You simply step into the kayak and we slide you onto the water. You won't even get your feet wet!
What to bring
- Clothing to suit the temperature and weather of the day
- A shady hat and sunscreen
- Shoes/sandals that may get wet (bare feet or thongs are not suitable)
- Insect repellent
- Drink and snack
- A CAMERA/PHONE! We can supply a small waterproof container.
The following extras can also be added to your booking, follow the prompts during the booking process:
- A quality paddling jacket- wind and waterproof; great for cooler days
Where to meet
We meet you at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman (google map below). This is a public reserve and we have no office at this location. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles!