The Dolphin Sanctuary Mangroves Tour is 90 minutes of fun exploring the Dolphin Sanctuary one of Adelaide's "secret spots". Located just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD it is an area of surpassing beauty. The sheltered mangrove lined creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port River Dolphins.
It's an amazing adventure for all ages, and kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with the dolphins. The tour is very easy paced with plenty of time for photos, storytelling by your guide, and searches for the Port River Dolphins. When the Port River Dolphins come to play it is a memory you will treasure for ever!
If you have never kayaked before this is the best way to give it a try...you will want to come back for more!
- The Dolphin Sanctuary Mangroves Tour is 90 minutes of fun with a qualified kayaking guide who will lead you on an unforgettable adventure
- Tours are conducted in stable, very comfortable 2-person kayaks which are suitable for all levels of fitness and experience
- The tour includes basic tuition in safe kayaking
- We launch from a boat ramp covered in non-slip matting. You simply step into the kayak and we slide you onto the water. You won't even get your feet wet!
- Children must be a minimum of 8 years old
- All Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 12 and under will need to be accompanied in a kayak by an adult
- Maximum weight (2-person kayak): As we use sit in kayaks we generally find people 140+kgs can have trouble fitting into the kayaks. Please call us if you have any concerns.
If on the date of your booking it has been deemed unsafe to operate due to weather you will be contacted as soon as possible. Whilst we frequently check forecasts in the days leading up to your booking, there are some occasions where weather is worse than forecast resulting in last minute cancellations of sessions.
We meet you at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman. This is a public reserve and we have no office at this location. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles!