Slow down, embrace your senses and re-connect with nature during a guided forest bathing and animal observation experience at Monarto Safari Park
We have combined the traditional meditative elements associated with Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) with the opportunity to stop, observe and connect with the inquisitive and calming nature of our animals.
Departing from our new Visitor Centre, you will have exclusive access to the park before the gates open to public, where a Nature Therapist and Forest Bathing guide will lead you on a slow-paced, peaceful wander around the vast mallee landscape. You will experience a new level of connection with nature through a series of carefully considered invitations and opportunities to completely immerse yourself in the unique environment.
The experience will conclude in the most memorable of locations , our famous waterhole platform where gorgeous giraffe roam, with the opportunity to join a traditional Shinrin Yoku, tea ceremony.
After the tea ceremony, you are free to explore Monarto Safari Park at your own leisure, feeling refreshed, restored and connected to nature, in nature.
Time: 08.15am (It is essential you arrive on time, as we have organised transport to take you to the starting area)
Where: Monarto Safari Park, enter the visitor centre and check in at the Info Hut.
- Rare chance to enter Monarto Safari Park before opening to the general public
- Guided walk, Led by a Nature Therapist and Forest Bathing Guide (Bronwyn Paynter)
- The guided walk will follow one of our established walking tracks, which will pass various animal habitats
- Small group, maximum 15 people
- Private tea Ceremony (On our famous Giraffe Platform)
- General Admission Ticket to Monarto Safari Park - so after the experience is finished, you are free to explore the park for the rest of the day
What to bring:
- Early mornings can be fresh, so light layers are recommended (October weather can vary from 9 - 24 degrees)
- Water bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- As you are free to explore the park after the experience, bring with you what you would need to spend the rest of the day enjoying the Zu-loop shuttle or walking tracks.
Other important information
- This experience is designed to run in all weather conditions
- An email will be sent to you 3 days before the event date to re-confirm timings, exact meeting location with map, predicted weather and what to bring.
- Minimum numbers are required to run the experience - if we are forced to cancel the experience you will receive an email 5-7 days before the start date of the experience. A full refund will then be issued.
- The wearing of masks is at the discretion of participants and not required
- Please see full terms and conditions of purchase here - https://www.zoossa.com.au/terms-and-conditions/