Orienteering SA is offering DO-IT-YOURSELF orienteering – via your mobile phone.
All you need to do is:
- Download MapRun from the App or Play Store (there are MapRun6 and MapRunF versions, depending on your phone).
- Select South Australia.
- Select which South Australian park on offer you want to visit.
- Download a map beforehand for ease of use. Or, use directly from your phone.
- Go to the park, and start your walk or run.
- Each digital control will beep when you reach it.
- Finish, and see how you went – against others who have completed the same MapRun course.
You can choose which South Australian park you want to orienteer on – and walk or run it, in your own time, and at your own pace. Up to you!
The parks on offer are: Adelaide Botanical Gardens, East Parklands, South Parklands, West Parklands and Cemetery, Belair Adventure, OHOC MT Lofty Botanical Gardens, and Wittunga Park.