Join James Smith of FauNature to discover how we can support our native wildlife. This workshop is ideal for families, small groups or individuals. Learn about:
- the importance of natural tree hollows
- hollow-dependent wildlife
- issues faced by hollow-dependent fauna/wildlife
We will start the workshop with James' presentation, which everyone is welcome to come along to for free. After a brief tea break, for those that have purchased a nesting box, we will get busy building! We will be making a Parrot Box which is a good general option for birds in our region.
Buy a ticket if you wish to purchase and build a nesting box, this also includes admission for one person. Then book a free ticket for any additional people who will join you on the day (for example if two members of the same family are coming or a friend is joining you, book one paid nesting box ticket and one free ticket). Places are limited to build a box and the cost is subisidised.
If you wish to join us just for the presentation, please book a free ticket. Children will need to be accompanied by an adult.
About the presenter:
James Smith runs FauNature, a company dedicated to assisting people in attracting and engaging with local wildlife. James is author of Wildlife of Greater Adelaide, a comprehensive wildlife book about animals and birds of the Mount Lofty Ranges.
This event is supported by Green Adelaide and hosted by Mount Barker Library.
Tips to enjoy your workshop with us:
- No need to print your ticket, just bring confirmation on your phone to save paper
- If you are feeling unwell please stay at home so we can keep everyone safe and happy
- Our events often are fully booked, so if your plans change please let us know and we can offer your place to someone else
- Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!