Slow down, embrace your senses and re-connect with nature during a guided forest bathing and animal observation experience at Adelaide Zoo. We have combined the traditional meditative elements of Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) with the opportunity to stop, observe and connect with the inquisitive and calming nature of our animals.
You will be met at the zoo before the gates open to public by a Nature Therapist and Forest Bathing guide (Bronwyn Paynter) to lead you on a slow-paced, peaceful wander around the botanical oasis. You will experience a new level of connection with nature through a series of carefully considered invitations and opportunities to completely immerse yourself in the lush environment.
To uniquely enhance the experience we have designed our walking route to maximise opportunities for observing the joyful and therapeutic nature of the beautiful animals.
The experience will conclude with a traditional Shinrin Yoku tea ceremony before you are free to explore Adelaide Zoo at your own leisure, feeling refreshed, restored and connected to nature, in nature.
Time: 07.30am (participants required to arrive and check in at 07.15am)
Where: Adelaide Zoo - Gate 7 entrance (On Frome Road, Zoo side of the Albert Bridge)
Age: Participants must be 15 years of age or older
Accessibility: Experience is wheelchair accessible
- Rare chance to enter Adelaide Zoo before opening to the general public
- Guided walk, Led by a Nature Therapist and Forest Bathing Guide (Bronwyn Paynter)
- Small group, maximum 16 people
- Tea Ceremony
- General Admission Ticket to Adelaide Zoo- so after the experience is finished, you are free to explore the Zoo at leisure
What to bring:
- Early mornings can be fresh, so light layers are recommended (October weather can vary from 9 - 24 degrees)
- Comfortable shoes
- As you are free to explore Zoo after the experience, bring with you what you would need to enjoy a day at the Zoo (Items can be stored and then retrieved after the experience)
Other important information
- This experience is designed to run in all weather conditions
- Minimum numbers are required to run the experience - if we are forced to cancel the experience you will receive an email 5-7 days before the start date of the experience. A full refund will then be issued.
- An email will be sent to you 3 days before the event date to re-confirm timings, exact meeting location with map, predicted weather and what to bring.
- The wearing of masks is at the discretion of participants and not required
- Please see full terms and conditions of purchase here - https://www.zoossa.com.au/terms-and-conditions/