It's time to celebrate our biodiversity! Join our Park Lands Biofair!
Sunday 8 October 2023 from 10 am to 3 pm in Victoria Park/Pakapakanthi (Park 16) in the woodland area south of the new wetland.
Presented by the City of Adelaide this free event will offer you a closer look of our Park Lands biodiversity.
Learn about waterbirds and their ecology. Explore where the first Chequered Copper Butterfly was originally discovered. Smell, touch and appreciate our different species of native trees. Learn about how you can contribute to our biodiversity knowledge by joining our free guided tours.
The Park Lands Biofair guided tours can be booked by using the following links or directly at the event:
- Park Lands Biofair - Birds SA - guided tours | Nature Festival SA
- Park Lands Biofair - Butterfly Conservation SA - tours | Nature Festival SA
- Park Lands Biofair - Trees For Life - guided tours | Nature Festival S
- Park Lands Biofair - Bioblitz | Nature Festival SA
- 10 Reasons to love trees - self-guided tour | Nature Festival SA
The program includes hollow carving demonstrations, theatrical plays, kids' activities, give away plants, free coffee and much more!!
Dress for the weather and bring water to stay hydrated during the event. We will see you there!!
If you are unwell or present Flu or COVID symptoms, please don’t come and seek medical advice.
CANCELLATION: in case of a thunderstorm, heavy rain or if the forecasted temperature for the day is 35°C or above the Event and the tours are cancelled (check the Bureau of Meteorology website/app).