Peaceful, private and informative: A truly unique picnic in nature.
Unwind in your own private picnic site beside a babbling creek nestled under old gums while keeping an eye out for our resident endangered southern brown bandicoots and more!
Note: 3 picnic times are available at 10 am, 1 pm & 4 pm.
REFUND AVAILABLE IF RAINING.
What to do:
- Purchase 2 tickets, choose a friend, partner or another special person to enjoy a long, lovely picnic
- Take a drive up near beautiful Clarendon in the Adelaide Hills
- You’ll be greeted at the property together with other picnic-goers, and taken on a short informative walk on the way to your own private picnic location
- Enjoy your picnic - soak up the sun, the sounds and the scenery, sit back, relax and unwind.
What to bring:
- Picnic, picnic rug, camera & binoculars!
- Walking shoes
We will provide:
- A complementary bubbles & brew to get your picnic underway
- 5 x private settings, each for 2 adults (including 2 chairs)
- A short guided tour of local features including the native vegetation and wildlife found on the way to your picnic site.
- A Rewild Creek Information Pack about the site's wildlife and vegetation, the "rewilding" journey and information about related initiatives such as the University of Adelaide's iBandi project
- The opportunity for nature to come to you – we guarantee there's plenty to see and if you're quiet and still enough you might just see the local "not so shy" bandicoots.
- There is a short walk on an unmade bush track to reach your picnic site.
- This event is situated on private property. Please respect the site and those nearby by being mindful of your presence (go slowly, quietly and let nature come to you).
- Allow approx. 2 hours for your picnic and 20 mins for the tour
- For privacy, the event address and directions will be emailed one day prior.
- This is a children and pet free event
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.