Our day starts at 9.30am with a Welcome to Country by Kaurna woman, Quahli Newchurch from Southern Cultural Immersion. Quahli will set the scene for the day to talk about the importance of healthy land , water and those connections which support our wildlife.
At 10.30, 11.15, 12.45 and 1.30 we will offer four topics to choose from. They will all be offered at each time slot, so you can enjoy every bit of what we are offering on the day.
- You'll make seed bombs with native seeds to help revegetate our land
- You'll learn about some of the challenges faced by our wildlife and what you can do to help them
- You'll get up close and personal with some special native animals
- You'll get to help build a nest box and find out why we need more hollows
- You'll find out exactly what to do in a wildlife emergency
- You'll get to catch aquatic critters from the creek and find out if the waterway is healthy.
We'll have a lunch break from 12 noon - 12.45 and will have refreshments available to purchase, or you could bring your own picnic and enjoy Federation Park.
10% of the ticket sales purchased will be donated to:
Save our Wildlife Foundation Inc.
Southern Cultural Immersion - southernculturalimmersion.com.au/
Animals Anonymous - animalsanonymous.com.au/
Conservation Volunteers Australia - conservationvolunteers.com.au/
Adelaide Hills Council - ahc.sa.gov.au/