Welcome to the Waite Arboretum!
The trees featured on this tour are well adapted to Adelaide’s Mediterranean climate because they are native to homoclimate regions of the world. This means regions which possess similar climate conditions: warm to hot, dry summers and mild to cold, wet winters. Trees adapted to grow under these conditions do not require additional irrigation after their establishment period, making them ideal trees to be planted in water-wise garden and park projects.
The tour will be conducted by experienced Friends of the Waite Arboretum Guides.
- Maximum capacity: 10 people, including children. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- The pathway in the arboretum is unformed and the ground is uneven, closed sturdy shoes are recommended. Please ensure weather appropriate clothing is worn. Water fountains are not available in the arboretum, please bring your own water bottle.
- Free parking is available in the Urrbrae House carpark on Walter Young Avenue, Urrbrae. For directions on how to arrive to the Waite Arboretum please visit: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/waite-historic/location/
- COVID - QR code will be available to check you in through the myGOV SA App. If you are unable to do it this way, the guides will request your name and contact details for contact tracing purpose only. For the safe of the visitors and volunteer guides physical distance of 1.5m needs to be kept at all times. If you are unwell or present COVID symptoms please don’t come and seek medical advice.
- CANCELLATION: if the forecasted temperature for the day is 35°C or above or if a Total Ban for Adelaide Metropolitan and/or Mount Lofty Ranges is declared, the tours of the Waite Arboretum are cancelled (check the Bureau of Meteorology website/app).