Ailsa Robson is a Walk & Talk Therapist based in the Adelaide Hills who often supports her psychotherapy clients with body image concerns as they walk together amongst nature.
The focus of this event is to compassionately discuss how difficult it can be to accept our bodies just as they are, in a world where weight and body shaming is rife.
This is a chance to connect with other folk in a supportive and relaxing environment where we can share our struggles and wins around body confidence.
Ailsa a non-diet, Health At Every Size® mental health provider who passionately believes that all bodies are good bodies.
She will invite participants to explore the beauty of imperfection in nature, and how we can reframe thoughts about our own perceived flaws.
Ailsa will hold space for the group and the natural landscape we pay reverence to around us, will in turn hold us.
It will remind us that we are all connected, and that we are enough, just as we are.
Ailsa proudly and gratefully lives and works on Peramangk and Kaurna country.
Come along for a group walk and talk around the back streets of Stirling. We’ll walk for just under an hour and then finish with a coffee at a local cafe (cafe purchases not included in the ticket price).
Please meet at Stirling Fit Co (where Ailsa’s consulting room is based). There is plenty of free parking in the supermarket car parks adjacent.
The walking pace of the group will vary, but no-one will be left behind. Compassion and connection is the focus, not competition or counting steps or calories. It will be an inclusive, weight-neutral* space free from diet-talk.
What you’ll get out of it:
• Space to breathe in nature.
• a lovely reprieve from your day to day commitments.
• some company and a chance to connect
• an introduction to a compassionate, non- diet, Health At Every Size approach to life.
• an opportunity to share stories about your present life and your hopes for the future.
• sweet post-walk endorphins and good vibes.
• the chance to continue chatting over refreshments afterwards.
Extra benefits that may occur on your walk: Seeds may be sown in your mind and form into new ideas, adventures, and ways of being, plus you may meet some new friends!
- The walk will go ahead subject to weather - if cancelled due to inclement weather, your ticket price will be reimbursed.
- This event is a social meeting, not intended to be supervised exercise. If you have any concerns about your health and attending this event please see your GP or appropriate Allied Health Provider first. It is your responsibility to ensure the walk is appropriate for your own health needs.
- If you are showing any signs of illness or have been advised to quarantine, please stay home and I’ll reimburse your ticket cost.
Any questions please feel free to message Ailsa via her social media pages or email: firstname.lastname@example.org