Nature Festival is committed to protecting the privacy of its hosts, employees, prospective employees, venues and the general public.
In order to provide effective service to you, Nature Festival may need to collect certain personal information. Nature Festival has a commitment to the security of your information and will only use this information for the purpose for which you provided it, or for any purpose to which you have additionally consented.
Nature Festival will not disclose or use your information for any purpose other than intended.
Nature Festival is committed to protecting an individual’s right to privacy and to fully comply with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth) (“the Act”). In particular, Nature Festival will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Act, which may be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: https://www.oaic.gov.au/ Nature Festival’s Privacy Statement explains some of these principles and how they may apply to you. This Privacy Statement also complies with European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In accordance with Australian and EU privacy laws and to help you understand your rights and the way Nature Festival will use your personal details, the following information is offered.
Your Personal Information
The type of personal information that we collect from you will vary depending on your interactions with us but may include:
- Company name
- Postal address; primary and secondary
- Email address
- Telephone both work and home, and Mobile phone number
- Job title
- Your date of birth/age range
- Your gender
- ABN (for Nature Festival registered Event Hosts)
- Bank account details (for Nature Festival registered Event Hosts presenting a ticketed event)
- Transaction and payment details relating to any purchases you make with us
- Your specific interests in our program or activities
- Your specific interests in particular events or venues involved with Nature Festival
- Nature Festival may also collect information from you that is relevant to previous Nature Festival festivals as well as other nature and arts attendances and interests.
Nature Festival may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- When you make a purchase through the Nature Festival website or Eventbrite including the purchase of tickets, merchandise, or making donations.
- When you request information from us.
- When you register as an Event Host.
- When you register an event.
- When you apply for a job with us.
- When you apply to volunteer with us.
- When you make a donation to us.
- When you subscribe to our mailing lists, bulletins and e-news.
- When you RSVP to an invitation or event hosted by Nature Festival.
- When you enter a Nature Festival competition or promotion.
- When you complete a Nature Festival survey.
Nature Festival may use this personal information collected from you in the following ways:
- To contact you regarding your booking and advise you of cancellations, location and time changes, or to inform you of updated information relating to the events or venues you have purchased tickets for
- Or provide your details to the Event Host, in order for important information regarding the venue or event for which you have purchased tickets to reach you
- To post out merchandise
- To compile data on the preferences of attendees of Nature Festival events in order to improve future services and programming
- To pass on to the Event Host if you have authorised us to do so during the booking and account registration process. During this process, you will be asked if you would like to receive information from the Event Host for the events you have purchased. If you give your consent, we may forward this information (name, postcode and email only) to the Event Host if they request it. Nature Festival is not responsible for the management or use of this data. If you no longer wish to receive this information from them you will need to contact the artist/event organiser to unsubscribe.
- To pass on to a Nature Festival promotional partner/s if you have authorised us to do so during a competition or promotion entry process. During this process, you will be asked if you would like to receive information from the promotional partner/s. If you give your consent, we may forward this information (name, postcode and email only) to the promotional partner/s if they request it. Nature Festival is not responsible for the management or use of this data. If you no longer wish to receive this information from them you will need to contact the promotional partner/s to unsubscribe.
- For targeted marketing, both direct and indirect, via electronic mail and social media
Nature Festival may also use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with further information which may be of interest (including updates and offers) if you have voluntarily subscribed to the Nature Festival e-news
- To respond to you regarding employment enquiries
- To contact you in response to your specific Nature Festival enquires
- To thank our staff, hosts, sponsors, volunteers and supporters
- If disclosure of your personal information is required by law
- If disclosure of your personal information is required to support contact tracing in the event of a public health emergency
- For targeted marketing, both direct and indirect, via electronic mail and social media
- For any other reasonable business purpose which will enable Nature Festival to better service your needs or protect the Nature Festival and associated individuals from harm
Nature Festival may share your personal information to the following:
- Our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, ticketing providers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- To suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes
- Another organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent
- Event Hosts taking part in Nature Festival, whom you have expressly opted to receive communication from, during the ticket transaction process
Please note: If you no longer wish to receive communication from Nature Festival Event Hosts or from Nature Festival partners and suppliers once you have opted to receive, through naturefestival.org.au, you will need to contact the relevant party to unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from Nature Festival communications, click unsubscribe at the bottom of any of our emails.
Cookies / collecting information from websites
When you visit the Nature Festival website, we may collect personal information from you automatically through cookies including: your IP address and or domain name, your operating system (type of browser and platform), your geographical location (country only), search terms and pages visited, referring domain and link out if applicable, and the date, time and length of your visit to the website. We use these cookies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests, to ensure we don’t display the advertisement to you repeatedly, and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
Nature Festival may also collect information about how you use its websites to help us personalise our products and services to you. We use Google Analytics to inform us of how visitors use our site based on your browsing habits, so that we can improve our site to make it easier for you to find the information you are seeking. These features use first-party and third-party cookies to inform and optimise content based on your past visits to our site.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users.
The Nature Festival website may contain links to other external websites. Nature Festival is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites that it may link to and, cookies or other tracking devices that are used on linked websites.
How to manage your cookies
Cookies are sent to your browser (whether you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari or any other browser) by a website and then stored in the cookies directory of your device.
To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage the cookies on all standard web browsers, go to www.aboutcookies.org and select the browser and version you are using. You'll also find information about how to delete cookies from your computer. For the majority of browsers this can be done through your preferences control panel.
Nature Festival also engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, your previous transactions or interactions with Nature Festival, or on Nature Festival banners or ads you have previously clicked on. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc on the Nature Festival website.
Nature Festival may use Facebook Custom Audiences to deliver advertisements to Website Visitors on Facebook based on email addresses that we have collected, including, but not limited to, Nature Festival Favourites accounts and e-newsletters. We may also use information associated with visitor social media accounts, such as demographic and other information to improve our marketing efforts and deliver custom advertising.
Social media sites
Nature Festival takes no responsibility for any personal information you may post on any of Nature Festival’s social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, Yelp, Foursquare, LinkedIn, TikTok, or Snapchat. Any information or content created by you that is in the public domain may be shared by Nature Festival. This may include, but is not limited to, publicly accessible information on social media sites, blogs, forums, and websites. Nature Festival will endeavour to credit content creators wherever possible.
Transfer of Personal information out of the UK or EEA
Nature Festival is hosted by Nature Conservation Society of SA, Inc, an Australian company and as such, your personal information will be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. When doing so, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to the personal information including having a lawful basis for transferring personal information and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the personal information.
Where will we store your information?
The data that we collect from you may be stored on our secure servers and, in respect of payment data, on those of our third party provider of payment processing services purely for the purposes of processing payment.
Nature Festival does not handle or store your credit card information. All payment information is processed through Eventbrite.
Mandatory Data Breach
Nature Festival is aware of and shall comply with the Mandatory Data Breach reporting obligations under the Privacy Act.
General Data Protection Regulations
Nature Festival is aware of and shall comply with the EU's General Data Protection Regulations where relevant to its operations.
You can access your personal information and make changes
You have a right to access your personal information as collected by Nature Festival
You can also lodge a complaint or contact our Privacy Officer.
For details please contact Nature Conservation Society of SA
Phone: 08 7127 4630
Post: 5 Milner St Hindmarsh SA 5007
It is your right to check your details and advise Nature Festival of any changes necessary if your personal information is incorrect.